SPRe® Workshop: Seeing the Underlying Psychology Within Structure
Great for Movement Practitioners of All Kinds
Mind or talk therapy perspective: How the body mirrors the architecture of your client’s psyche.
Body or movement therapy perspective: how psychology is revealed in your client’s structure.
Come explore how integrating these messages enhances your work with a variety of clients. This will be a fun and illuminating experiential workshop! For more information about SPRe® Bodywork and trainings, please visit our website sprebodywork.com. Join us to explore:
- How the body reveals helpful information about a person’s life from both physical and psychological experiences.
- What defense mechanisms (avoidance, intellectualization, withdrawal, rationalization, compartmentalization, etc) and coping skills may visually look like in your client’s body.
- How the structure of psychology aides the practitioner to identify core issues faster; a skill or increasing importance in our current climate of quick fixes and speedy recovery.
- Identifying our own filters in order to discern our personal response as they differ from our clients’ needs.
- All of these skills increase your client retention.
Jill Ableson, Founder and Practitioner of SPRe® Bodywork. Jill loves structural reality and depth psychology and has made it her life’s work to integrate these two worlds. Physical symptoms are often your body’s way of communicating about internal conflicts and the need for change. Our bodies represent both the past, like a cellular time capsule, and the present.
Martine Dedek, Co-founder and Practitioner of SPRe® Bodywork. Martine is the only Body/Mind Practitioner to have been accepted into the Seattle Psychoanalytic Society & Institute. She co-created the SPRe® training program incorporating this information and strengthened the psychological foundation of the work.
To register please email Martine at Martine(at)studio-evolve.com or 206-547-9616.
Cost is $400.00. Early registration is $375.
Location: Studio Evolve, 3333 Wallingford Ave, N. Suite B 98103 Seattle, WA
DYNAMIC RELATIONSHIPS – SPRe WORKSHOP
Have you noticed how physical and emotional change often happen simultaneously? Are you interested in knowing how your relationship patterns affect the success of your career? Are you a movement instructor or bodyworker and intrigued by all the different aspects of your client’s lives that show up in their bodies?
You will have the opportunity to practice
- Stepping into others’ shoes to become more effective in interacting and teaching
- Identifying the differences between your own or someone’s genetic patterns, physical injury or emotional patterns that manifest in the body
- Using touch to identify and assist in changing somatic patterns
- Amplifying your intuitive skills when you are communicating with friends and/or clients, making it easier to feel understood
- What it feels like to be fully engaged with another person in a two person process and what distracts from these powerful interactions
Join us to improve your communication skills and/or teaching repertoire immediately and you may find that becoming a SPRe practitioner is for you! This adventure is led by SPRe Practitioner Trainers Jill Ableson and Martine Dedek.
These workshops are held 2-3 times each year.
Cost is $400; early bird discount $375 if paid 3 weeks in advance.
To register for this workshop or request a workshop in your area, call 206 547 9616 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.