A core tenet of Somatic Personal Resonance Education is that the physical body is one’s life experience as embodied in matter/form. One of the unique qualities of SPRe® is that every session is understood as an aspect of a whole personal and physical organization. People choose SPRe® when something feels “stuck” in their bodies and/or their lives, they are often at a crossroads and recognize a need for change.
Stress is a generic word to describe a very personal experience that affects every body differently. SPRe® helps to interpret each body’s unique communication style. The process of SPRe® empowers clients to have more options for the vicissitudes of life.
Your body can’t text or email you, but it does communicate frequently.
Aspects of SPRe®
- Because SPRe® combines traditionally separated modalities, the result is an economical, efficient and effective use of the client’s resources.
- SPRe® helps create a physical structure capable of supporting emotional changes.
- Each 60 minute session includes seated dialogue that informs attuned bodywork. The bodywork takes place with the client fully clothed on the practitioners table.
- Conversation and exploratory dialog uncover the links between physical tension, life patterns and belief systems.
- The practitioner uses an elliptical motion through the system that functions in a similar fashion to sonar – the motion explores what is working too hard in your body and what could be more supportive. The attuned bodywork affects each joint and body segment, creating lasting shifts in structure, providing greater mobility, preventing degeneration; and allowing for sustained pain relief.
- The relationship between client and practitioner is critical when exploring the relational issues which exist with family and career.
- The intention is to find comfort both emotionally and physically in the structure or blueprint you were given from birth.
- Learning to interpret, attend, and respond to your body’s information allows for greater success at work and in personal relationships.
Please join us for a Somatic Personal Resonance Education Workshop
Sat April 28 11-5pm
This workshop is 6 CE hours for LMTs and others. Cost is $190; $180 if paid in cash Please register by April 21st as space is limited to 12 participants. To register, contact Jill at email@example.com
SPRe® is a cutting edge Somatic education and practical application of current mind/body research. SPRe® helps interpret each body’s unique communication style and empower clients to have more options for the vicissitudes of life. Every session is understood as an aspect of a whole personal and physical organization. The intention is to find comfort both emotionally and physically in the structure or blueprint you were given from birth. Learning to interpret, attend, and respond to your body’s information allows for greater success at work and in personal relationships.
You will be introduced to SPRe® practitioner skills:
- Using somatic sonar, to facilitate movement in the femur and gleno-humeral joints.
- Using verbal attunement to engage more meaningfully with your clients.
- Seeing somatic structural tensegrity; tensegrity is a term coined by Buckminster Fuller, it is derived by collapsing the words ‘tension’ and ‘integrity’ and means that the integrity of these types of structures depends on the balance of tension within.
Jill and Andrea weave these SPRe® techniques together for an interactive and fun workshop. People often feel re-invigorated upon returning to their work and have more options working with their clients.
Jill Ableson, SPRe® Founder, Practitioner Trainer & Practitioner has been in the somatic field since her Rolf training in 1995. In 2006, integrating structural principles, while focusing on a collaborative dynamic approach to creating somatic structural integrity that focuses on client empowerment, Jill partnered with Martine Dedek to develop Somatic Personal Resonance Education SPRe®, bringing the theory and practice to its current evolution.
Andrea Burchak, SPRe® Trainer-In-Training & Practitioner has been in the somatic and movement field since 1995 and professionally as a GYROTONIC Instructor since 2006. She enjoys working collaboratively with clients to help them decompress their body and enliven their system.
For more information visit www.sprebodywork.com.
To schedule an appointment, call Jill Ableson at 206 957 7773 or Martine Dedek at 206 547 5116.